1) The structure of the valve ball varies depending on […]
1) The structure of the valve ball varies depending on the method of supporting the ball
The support method is divided into floating type and fixed type
a: The floating ball valve is supported by the valve seat. The sealing structure is that the valve ball sticks to the valve seat on the secondary side under the action of fluid.
b: For fixed ball valves, there are valve stems above and below the ball for fixing. The sealing structure is that the valve seat is tightly attached to the valve ball under the action of fluid.
2) Regarding the operability of the valve, the lever-operated valve selects the lever at 90 degrees, which is better. However, if the size is increased, the operating torque of the valve will increase, and gear-operated valves should be used in this case.
3) As with gate valves, when the fluid is a liquid, after the temperature rises in the fully closed state, the pressure in the cavity (between the valve ball and the valve body) will increase, and the floating ball valve will experience seal damage and malfunction Wait.
When the pressure of the fixed ball valve rises, the seat retainer will retract to release the pressure, which can prevent damage to the sealing part and malfunction.
4) It is the valve with the least pressure damage (full bore valve) among all valves.
5) The floating ball valve is simple in structure, easy to maintain, and low in height.
6) Orifice (inner diameter) valve, there are two types of full bore type and reduced bore type. The inner diameter of the valve ball of the full bore valve is almost the same as the inner diameter of the valve body, while the inner diameter of the valve body of the reduced-diameter valve is smaller than the inner diameter of the valve ball.
7) The form of the valve body is divided into one-piece type (single-piece type), two-piece type (two-piece type) and three-piece type (three-piece type) with the center part separated from the connecting ends on both sides.
8) There are also three-way ball valves with three connecting ends.
1) According to the material of the valve seat, TEFLON valve seat has a temperature limit. When using at high temperature, you must pay attention to the pressure-temperature rating.
2) When used under high temperature, metal valve seat or hard graphite valve seat should be used.
3) Used in pipelines where pressure loss needs to be kept to a minimum.
4) From the point of view of the valve structure, it is not suitable for use in the middle opening.
5) Since it can be fully opened and fully closed by 90°rotation, it is easy to realize automation through air pressure and electric power.
6) When the pressure of the fluid enclosed in the cavity may increase, a vent or safety valve must be installed, or a valve (fixed type, etc.) with a structure that can automatically release pressure must be used.
7) The three-way ball valve will have mixed flow when switching, so attention must be paid.